Herbert Glacier Helicopter
Fly to the secluded Herbert glacier for a private unique landing
This is a flightseeing tour with glacier landing will fly you over the massive Juneau Icefield where you will see spectacular rock formations and icefalls. Your pilot will be your glacier guide while viewing awe-inspiring moulins, crevasses, icefalls, ponds and streams on the Herbert Glacier. Upon reaching your destination your pilot will shut down the helicopter and escort you on an informative, relaxing walk while describing the area that surrounds you.
Total Tour Time: 2.25 hours
- Cruiseship, Hotel, Mt. Roberts Tramway
- Hourly departures from 8:15 am to 5:15 pm.
- Tour operates from May 1 to September 30
- All reservations are reviewed and evaluated with reference to cruise ship schedules to insure a timely return to your ship.
- You will be supplied with glacier boots that go over your shoes.
- The Glacier is typically 5-10 degrees cooler than downtown; Dress warmly and comfortably in layers.
- Bring your sunglasses and cameras!
- Your pilot is your guide and will choose a unique landing based on the best features of the day, shut down the aircraft upon landing.
- Each helicopter can seat up to six passengers, provided the weight and balance calculations work out in each aircraft.
- If your group exceeds 6 passengers and requires the use of multiple aircraft, pilots fly together and coordinate landing location so that you will be together on the glacier.
- FAA regulations require that your hands are free when boarding the aircraft: Cameras/binoculars can be worn around neck or fit in your pockets: . Bags can be checked at base before boarding.
- To ensure the comfort of all travelers, passengers weighing 260 pounds (117 Kg) or more must pay an additional $150.00 to secure extra space in the aircraft.