Mendenhall Glacier Trekking!
This is the trip where you get geared up and stay on the glacier for 2 hours hiking and exploration. You'll see all kinds of great glacier features; moulins, streams, blue-ice alcoves. Spending the extra time on the glacier is a transformative experience.
Total Tour Time 4.25 Hours
- All reservations are reviewed and evaluated with reference to cruise ship schedules to insure a timely return to your ship.
- You will be supplied with glacier boots that go over your shoes.
- The Glacier is typically 5-10 degrees cooler than downtown. But don't worry, we give you boots, pants and parka!
- Bring your sunglasses and cameras!
- Each helicopter can seat up to six passengers, provided the weight and balance calculations work out in each aircraft.
- If your group exceeds 6 passengers and requires the use of multiple aircraft, pilots fly together and coordinate landing location so that you will be together on the glacier.
- FAA regulations require that your hands are free when boarding the aircraft: Cameras/binoculars can be worn around neck or fit in your pockets: . Bags can be checked at base before boarding.
- Sorry, no tablets or Go-Pro sticks allowed on this tour
- To ensure the comfort of all travelers, passengers weighing 250 pounds or more must pay an additional $100.00 to secure extra space in the aircraft.
- If your flight is weather-cancelled, you have the option of re-scheduling or receiving a full refund.
- If your ship or flight is delayed and we are unable to reschedule to your satisfaction, a full refund will be issued
- Otherwise, .all sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalty. We recommend that you purchase trip insurance.