Mendenhall Glacier Dogsled
Fly to the famous Mendenhall Glacier to ride with professional Iditarod racers
Total Tour Time: 2.75 Hours
- All reservations are reviewed and evaluated with reference to cruise ship schedules to insure a timely return to your ship.
- You will be supplied with glacier boots that go over your shoes.
- The Glacier is typically 10 degrees cooler than downtown; Dress warmly and comfortably in layers.
- Bring your sunglasses and cameras!
- The dogsled camp accommodates 16 passengers per hour The typical load out for each team is 4 passengers per team of 10-12 Alaskan huskies with a double sled arrangement. You have the choice of standing or sitting.
- FAA regulations require that your hands are free when boarding the aircraft: Bags can be checked at base before boarding. Cameras/binoculars can be worn around neck or fit in your pockets
- Sorry, no go-pro sticks or Ipads permitted on this tour
- To ensure the comfort of all travelers, passengers weighing 250 pounds (113 Kg) or more must pay an additional $100.00 to secure extra space in the aircraft.
- Each helicopter can seat up to six passengers, provided the weight and balance calculations work out in each aircraft